Yes, provided that you have obtained a lawful license from the original creator (subject to confirmation by the platform).
When uploading a track, you must indicate the origin. Please confirm your rights to the utilized materials and provide truthful information to minimize legal risks.
1. Use of Public Domain or freely available materials or music sections for tracks
This type of music can used without obtaining any license
Public Domain is defined as music which is not copyright protected and can be used without permission or charge. Works enter the Public Domain when the copyright expires, which generally occurs 70 years after the creator’s death.
Classical Music and Folk Songs are mostly Public Domain.
- Please confirm how the copyright law of a certain country defines Public Domain before using such materials. On this website, you can look up Public Domain-related regulations and access a list of songs recognized as Public Domain in the US.
- Bear in mind that reinterpreted and re-recorded Public Domain songs turn into copyright protected works. If you wish to integrate such re-recorded Public Domain songs into your own works, you must obtain an official license from the artist.
- The name of the original songwriter of Public Domain songs must be clearly indicated. If the artist is unknown, “traditional music” or “folk song” should be entered. Please specify “Public Domain” in the OP field and select “Public Domain” for SP. For an example, see the image below:
2. Cover song or use of adapted sections from tracks of other artists
you must obtain an official license from the original creator and upload the certificate to the system.
If no certificate is provided, we are unable to upload and release your track.
3. Use of beats/samples created by other artists
you must obtain an official license from the original creator or purchase such beats/samples through lawful channels.
You must upload the license certificate or proof of purchase to the system. If no certificate is provided, we are unable to upload and release your track.